Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spanish King on His Live-fire Vacation: I'm Sorry

Following up on last week's "As Clueless as Marie Antoinette:"King Juan Carlos's not-so-excellent vacation" the King shows some class and teaches us how to make an apology.
From Reuters:
Spain's King Juan Carlos I hobbled out of a Madrid hospital on Wednesday and apologized for making an elephant-hunting trip to Botswana - a jaunt which has caused outrage in a country suffering from an economic crisis.

The 74-year-old monarch, who suffers from osteoarthritis, had fractured his hip in Botswana was flown back to Spain for emergency replacement surgery on Saturday.

"I'm much better...I'm very sorry. I made a mistake and it won't happen again," the King told reporters outside his hospital room in Madrid's San Jose hospital....MORE

None of this non-apology apology crap you hear from mental midgets: "I'm sorry if anyone was offended..."