Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Avast, there!" Pirates and Global Warming

"There! That's what I think of ye. Before an hour's out, I'll stove in your old block house like a rum puncheon. Laugh, by thunder, laugh! Before an hour's out, ye'll laugh upon the other side. Them that die'll be the lucky ones."

"Bring me one noggin of rum, now, won't you, matey."

"Fifteen men on the dead man's chest -- Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!"

"
if I'm not to have my rum now I'm a poor old hulk on a lee shore, my blood'll be on you, Jim..."

A pattern seems to be emerging-ethanol.

Also a market.
Without need for a $0.51/gal. blender credit; $0.20 state producer credit; punitive Smoot-Hawley style fees on imports or mandated use by the populace.

*September 19 is Talk-like-a-pirate day. And the climate change tie-in?:

Image:FSM Pirates.jpg

Showing once again: Correlation does not equal causation.
Thanks be to the Pastafarians of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
And Wikipedia for pulling it together.